AWANA at CBC
Wednesdays from 6:30 - 8:00pm
September 11, 2019 through April 15, 2020
3 yrs - Pre K
K - 2nd Grade
3rd & 4th Grade
5th & 6th Grade
What is AWANA?
AWANA stands for Approved Workman Are Not Ashamed. This idea comes from the club theme verse in 2 Timothy 2:15, "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth."
The purpose of Awana is introduce children and families to know, love, and serve Jesus Christ. This program is a fun, exciting time filled with games, activities, Scripture memorization, and Bible lessons. Anyone is welcome whether or not they are regular attenders of Community Bible Church. Kids are always encouraged to invite friends.
What happens on a typical AWANA night?
Awana is broken down into three main segments:
Small Group Time
Large Group Time
Game Time consists of exciting and fun games played around a game circle that is unique to the Awana club. These games are geared for every age group and every child regardless of individual athletic ability. Everyone can enjoy Game Time at Awana!
Small Group Time Each child will have the opportunity to memorize verses from the Bible and go through a book filled with adventure and activities. The club will be divided into smaller groups that will give each child a more personal atmosphere with their leader to help them work through their book faster. As each child works through their books, they will be given prizes and awards for their accomplishments.
Large Group Time is a special time where the club will come together and sing songs, enjoy a skit, and listen to a Bible lesson.
How Do I Register My Children?
There are two ways to register:
1. Print a Complete Packet of Enrollment & Release Forms. Bring these completed forms to the first night of AWANA ready to register your child and pay their materials fees.
2. Register online and use the Fee Schedule to calculate what you owe for materials. Once you register, you will be automatically taken to the Store to pay your material fees. You may also pay your fees the first night of AWANA if you prefer.
Note the various theme nights on the calendar. When a clubber dresses up for a theme night, they get extra AWANA Bucks and points for your team.
There is no cost to attend AWANA on a weekly basis. We do ask for a small materials fee to offset the cost of books, uniforms, and awards.
Books are $13, Cubbies & Sparkies Vests $13, and Shirt prices for older clubs vary (See the fee schedule).
Books, uniforms, and bags will not be distributed before payment is received.
If your child's book is lost, it will need to be replaced at an additional cost.
- 6:15 p.m.Check-in / Registration - AWANA secretaries will be ready in the back hallway for each club. We will not be checking in clubbers before this time.
Please do not drop off your child before 6:15 p.m.
- 6:30 p.m.Club Begins
- 8:00 p.m.Club Concludes
Please return punctually to pick up your children! Your child's safety is our priority. Our policy requires parents or authorized adults to pick up children through 4th grade from the club. We cannot send children with older siblings or release them to meet you in the parking lot, hall, etc.
Parents Can Help From Home
Your encouragement and interest in your child's progress is extremely valuable. You can encourage your child in the following ways:
1. The foundation for AWANA is God's Word, The Bible. Supporting your child's memory work is vital to his/her success. Remind them to work on their verses early in the week (preferably starting the Thursday evening after AWANA). Sometimes you may need to listen and give hints to assist. If your child has difficulty memorizing, please tell their leaders. The leaders and directors may be able to help with other techniques.
2. Parental signatures are not accepted for section approval. This policy applies even to parents who volunteer in AWANA. There are, however, some activities in the handbook that do require parental feedback on the pages; your participation on these pages is necessary.
3. Your child will earn points for their team by attending club in uniform, bringing their handbook, and bringing a Bible. Please help them remember to bring these items.
4. There may be times when parents will be needed as volunteers for special activities. Please consider if you would like to participate. If interested, notify the club's directors or secretaries.
5. Last, but most important, pray for your child. Pray that the Word of God they are memorizing will touch their heart. Pray that they will come to know Jesus Christ and learn to serve Him.